We’re passionate about birds and nature. That’s why we opened a Wild Birds Unlimited Nature Shop in our community.
5468 Dundas Street West
Toronto (Etobicoke), ON M9B 6E3
Phone: (416) 233-3558
Fax: (416) 233-3293
Email: Send Message
Mon - Fri: 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Sat: 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Sun: 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm
• NABA National Butterfly count, local Odonates counts
• Hummingbird Moths, often mistaken for “baby hummingbirds," show up at plants.
• Highbush Cranberry and Viburnum start producing fruit and will continue until December.
• First brood of immature hummingbirds begin to show up at nectar feeders early in the month.
• Cicadas start calling early in the month.
• Thistle plants begin to seed; goldfinches gather thistledown for nesting material.
• Mallards and Wood Ducks molt into "eclipse" plumage and are unable to fly for several weeks.
• Fall migration starts this month with returning shorebirds.
• Blackbirds begin to flock and appear at feeders.
• Listen for the feeding screeches of young Barred and Great Horned Owls.
• Look for hummingbirds feeding on Trumpet Creeper and Jewelweed flowers.
• Delta Aquarids Meteor shower peaks in late-July.
Receive our email
Sign up for email from Wild Birds Unlimited in Toronto including our exclusive BirdTracks newsletter. Please note, we consider your email as confidential and we will never share or sell your email.