We’re passionate about birds and nature. That’s why we opened a Wild Birds Unlimited Nature Shop in our community.
5468 Dundas Street West
Toronto (Etobicoke), ON M9B 6E3
Phone: (416) 233-3558
Fax: (416) 233-3293
Email: Send Message
Mon - Fri: 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Sat: 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Sun: 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm
•Early Aug: Annual Butterfly Count at Point Pelee National Park
• Wild Turkeys can be seen with their young.
• Purple Martins and other swallows begin congregating at staging grounds before heading south.
• Purple Martin southward migration is completed by end of month.
• Orioles are gone by the end of the month.
• Male Little and Big Brown Bats start to spend part of the night in winter hibernation sites in early August.
• Eastern Monarch Butterflies lay eggs.
• Ruby-throated Hummingbirds migrate through Southern Ontario through mid-August.
• Flocks of nighthawks can be seen late in the month.
• Shorebird migration builds and waterfowl migration starts.
• Early warblers (Cape May, Tennessee, Magnolia, Blackburnian) migrate through the area.
• Broad-winged Hawk migration starts.
• American Goldfinches finish nesting late this month.
• Hummingbird migration peaks late in the month.
• Perseids Meteor shower is mid-month.
Receive our email
Sign up for email from Wild Birds Unlimited in Toronto including our exclusive BirdTracks newsletter. Please note, we consider your email as confidential and we will never share or sell your email.