Update - May 18, 2020
As Ontario is beginning Phase 1 of reopening we have decided to keep our storefront closed. We are preparing the inside of the store to meet all the necessary social distancing criteria and determining the best and safest way forward. Our first priority is the safety of our team and you, our customers. We will be continuing with our current shopping and delivery methods through our online store, MyWBU, phone orders and curb side pickup. All details are available here: Social Distancing Delivery and Pick-up
We are eagerly anticipating the time when we can welcome you into the store and will communicate with you as our methods of operation change and we are ready to open our doors again. As of right now, our current methods best ensure the safety of yourself and our team.
We would like to thank all of you for supporting our family owned local small business. It brings a smile to all our faces during these difficult times knowing that we have been able to help you and your loved ones stay connected to nature.
Stay safe, stay healthy and continue to enjoy your birds!
March 24, 2020
To keep our customers and team members safe from exposure to Covid-19 we have closed our doors to in-store shopping. We are offering other methods of shopping.
During this time of stress we all need a way to stop, relax and find some joy. Watching your birds flit thru the yard, stop at a feeder for a snack, investigate a possible nesting location, take a sip of water or even a bath can bring a relaxing moment to your day and a smile to your face. We want to support this personal daily smile therapy and continue to bring joy to your day by offering the shopping methods detailed below.
Wishing everyone happy and healthy days to come. Stay safe and enjoy your birds.
Social Distancing Delivery and Pick-up
Available Monday to Saturday from 10 am to 3 pm
1. MyWBU Toronto on-line ordering.
• Courier Delivery - Orders over $99 receive free shipping within the GTA and many other areas. Some areas will incur a shipping cost, this will be indicated prior to completing your purchase.
• In-Store Pick-up - This will be pick-up at curbside only. No customers will be allowed in the store. The store doors will be locked but when you arrive at the store please call us (416-233-3558) and we will place your order outside the door. You can then leave your car and load your order into your vehicle. Or if you need help loading your vehicle, please have your trunk open and we will place the product in your trunk. You will be expected to close the trunk. Please note – we will not place product into the back or front seat of your vehicle.
2. *NEW* Social Distancing Delivery - Free delivery of orders $50 to $99 (temporary during the Covid-19 pandemic)
• Social distancing (non-contact) delivery of orders over $50 - $99 to Toronto, Brampton and Mississauga. Orders must be over $50 before taxes and Daily Savings Club discounts and must be placed before 1 pm prior to the scheduled delivery day (see schedule below) Orders placed after 1 pm will be delivered on the next scheduled delivery date.
• We cannot guarantee the schedule; schedule changes can be made without notice.
• When possible place your order via the MyWBU on-line store and choose In-Store Pick- up. Under the “Notes” section please write “Social Distancing Delivery”. We will drop the order off at your door and return to our car. We will not knock on the door; we will call you on the telephone number provided and let you know your order has been delivered.
• These orders will not have any additional exterior packaging (corrugated cartons will not be used; small items will be placed in paper shopping bags). Once the order is dropped off Wild Birds Unlimited assumes no responsibility for the condition of the product under any circumstances.
Toronto: Tuesday and Thursday– 9 am to 3 pm
Mississauga, Brampton: Wednesday and Friday – 9 am to 3 pm
3. *NEW* Ordering Method
• If you do not have access to a computer, you can call the store and place your order over the phone (416-233-3558). The transaction will be processed with your credit card over the phone. You can pick up at the store using our curbside pick-up option (see above) or you can choose our new localized area delivery if your order qualifies (see above). Based on the dollar value of the order we reserve the right to have your delivery made by our courier partner.
4. *NEW* - Complete Store Product Availability
• Any product we have in the store but not on-line can be purchased by a phone call to the store (416-233-3558) and will be charged to your credit card over the phone.
• When placing an on-line order through MyWBU and there is a product you would like to add to your order that is not available on-line you can call the store and we will add the item/s to your order. The additional product value can be used to achieve free shipping charges in some areas.
• Please note some exceptions apply. Any seed bag over 20 lb cannot be added to an order that is not covered by our new Social Distancing Delivery option.
• All store products are available for curbside pick-up or social distancing delivery
5. *NEW* - Daily Savings Club BirdBucks
• Due to the potential of Covid-19 being transmitted through all types of surfaces we will not be able to accept any paper based BirdBucks.
• We will not be able to apply paper-based Bird Bucks to any order.
• All orders will still generate club points and BirdBucks will be generated. Paper BirdBucks will be given to you with your receipt.
• We do not use the expiry dates, your BirdBucks will not expire and will be valid for use as soon as the Covid-19 pandemic ends.
• Electronic BirdBucks (BirdBucks generated through an on-line purchase) can still be redeemed on-line. (Note: paper BirdBucks cannot be redeemed on line)
Download a copy of our Social Distancing Delivery and Pick-up
Wild Birds Unlimited Toronto Email
If you would like to receive our exclusive WBU Toronto emails providing you with information on store events, sales and informative bird and nature related information sign up and receive our email - WBU Toronto Email.