- Great Backyard Bird Count, mid-month, www.birdsource.org/gbbc
- Project FeederWatch continues, www.birds.cornell.edu/pfw
- February is National Bird Feeding Month
- Listen for cardinals, titmice, House Finches, chickadees and Mourning Doves singing.
- Barred Owls begin calling.
- Killdeer and Eastern Meadowlarks return in late February.
- Large flocks of robins can be seen feeding from fruit-bearing plants like hollies, dogwoods and sumacs.
- Peak of Bald Eagle migration.
- Maple tree sap running
- Raccoon, woodchuck, beaver, skunk, opossum and rabbit mating seasons.
- Bluebird and other nest boxes need to be cleaned out this month.
- Late February is the possible return of Red-winged Blackbirds and the Common Grackle
Wild Birds Unlimited Toronto Email
If you would like to receive our exclusive WBU Toronto emails providing you with information on store events, sales and informative bird and nature related information sign up and receive our email - WBU Toronto Email.