We’re passionate about birds and nature. That’s why we opened a Wild Birds Unlimited Nature Shop in our community.
5468 Dundas Street West
Toronto (Etobicoke), ON M9B 6E3
Phone: (416) 233-3558
Fax: (416) 233-3293
Email: Send Message
Mon - Fri: 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Sat: 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Sun: 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm
• Project FeederWatch ends this month, www.birds.cornell.edu/pfw
• Early April migrants include the Eastern Phoebe, Eastern Towhee, Fox Sparrow, Snipe and Tree Swallow.
• Late April migrants include the Brown Thrasher, Pine Warbler, Palm Warbler, American Bittern, Chimney Swift, Chipping Sparrow, Barn Swallow and Caspian Tern.
• Great Horned Owls have their young.
• Hummingbirds and orioles arrive late April/early May. Be sure to have their feeders ready.
• The Common Loon finishes its northward migration by the end of April. Some late migrants arrive in May.
• Purple Martins (scouts) begin to arrive in mid-April.
• Purple Martins return by middle of the month. Be sure to have their houses ready.
• Cardinals begin nesting.
• White-throated Sparrows begin calling.
• Woodcocks continue their "sky dance" courtship flights.
• Bluebirds are nesting by end of the month. Be sure to have their houses ready.
• Lyrids meteor shower - April 16 - 25, peak April 22-23
• Earth Day, April 22.
Sign up for email from Wild Birds Unlimited in Toronto including our exclusive BirdTracks newsletter. Please note, we consider your email as confidential and we will never share or sell your email.