- Project FeederWatch ends this month, www.birds.cornell.edu/pfw
- Early April migrants include the Eastern Phoebe, Eastern Towhee, Fox Sparrow, Snipe and Tree Swallow.
- Late April migrants include the Brown Thrasher, Pine Warbler, Palm Warbler, American Bittern, Chimney Swift, Chipping Sparrow, Barn Swallow and Caspian Tern.
- Great Horned Owls have their young.
- Hummingbirds and orioles arrive late April/early May. Be sure to have their feeders ready.
- The Common Loon finishes its northward migration by the end of April. Some late migrants arrive in May.
- Purple Martins (scouts) begin to arrive in mid April
- Cardinals begin nesting.
- White-throated Sparrows begin calling.
- Woodcocks continue their "sky dance" courtship flights.
- Bluebirds are nesting by end of the month. Be sure to have their houses ready.
- Lyrids meteor shower - peak April 21 - 22
- Earth Day, April 22.
Wild Birds Unlimited Toronto Email
If you would like to receive our exclusive WBU Toronto emails providing you with information on store events, sales and informative bird and nature related information sign up and receive our email - WBU Toronto Email.