- Project FeederWatch continues, www.birds.cornell.edu/pfw
- Southwest winds bring migrating Turkey Vultures and hawks into the area.
- Common Loons begin to arrive in Northern Ontario in mid-March.
- Spring Peepers, Wood Frogs and Chorus Frogs begin calling late in the month.
- Sandhill Cranes can be seen migrating north.
- Killdeer and Great Blue Herons return from over-wintering in early March.
- Peak of spring waterfowl migration.
- Bald Eagles and Screech Owls are sitting on their eggs.
- Woodcocks are doing courtship flights in late March.
- Mourning Doves are nesting.
- Phoebe’s return late in the month.
- Goldfinches begin to molt into their brilliant yellow plumage.
Wild Birds Unlimited Toronto Email
If you would like to receive our exclusive WBU Toronto emails providing you with information on store events, sales and informative bird and nature related information sign up and receive our email - WBU Toronto Email.