- Wild Turkeys can be seen with their young.
- Purple Martins and other swallows begin congregating at staging grounds before heading south.
- Purple Martin southward migration is completed by end of month.
- Orioles are gone by the end of the month.
- Male Little and Big Brown Bats start to spend part of the night in winter hibernation sites in early August.
- Eastern Monarch Butterflies lay eggs.
- Ruby-throated Hummingbirds migrate through Southern Ontario through mid-August.
- Flocks of nighthawks can be seen late in the month.
- Shorebird migration builds and waterfowl migration starts.
- Early warblers (Cape May, Tennessee, Magnolia, Blackburnian) migrate through the area.
- Broad-winged Hawk migration starts.
- American Goldfinches finish nesting late this month.
- Perseids Meteor shower continues until August 24 and is expected to peak the night of August 12-13 .
Wild Birds Unlimited Toronto Email
If you would like to receive our exclusive WBU Toronto emails providing you with information on store events, sales and informative bird and nature related information sign up and receive our email - WBU Toronto Email.